Wills Trusts and Estates


Nothing is more certain than death. We all need to prepare for it through a testamentary will leaving our assets to our loved ones in a manner we see fit. Bryan S. Blackwell can assist you through this process. You can also appoint a guardian for your minor children and set up a trust for their care

You should schedule a consultation to discuss advanced directives and health care power of attorney so that your medical care may be directed according to your wishes if you become incapacitated or unable to communicate


The person named in a will as the executor or executrix can file the will with the probate court along with a petition to admit the will to probate court. Generally speaking, there is a five year time limit to start the process of probating the will by filing it in probate court. 

If the person who died (the decedent) had no will or if the original will cannot be located, the decedent is considered intestate. A petition to probate the decedent's estate may be filed along with a bond and inventory of the decedent's assets and debts. 

If you have lost a loved one to death, please call us at 334-678-7780 to discuss how to proceed.